Did you know you could get a title loan for your truck? If you live in California, you could get a truck title loan even if you have bad credit or no credit at all.
While not many people get title loans on their trucks, the process is very similar to that of an auto title loan and allows you to walk out with the same amount of cash. To learn more about truck title loans continue reading below.
How do truck title loans work?
Applying for a truck title loan is easy, all you need to do is fill out the online application to get started. It only takes a few minutes to complete and once finished you’ll know whether you are pre-qualified for a commercial vehicle title loan.
Following the application you will need to send a few documents to receive a final approval for the funds requested. Once you get the loan, you can still drive your truck and use it for whatever necessity you may have.
The lender keeps the truck’s title with their name as the lienholder (legal owner) and once you are finished paying off the title gets sent back to you clean and free of liens.
Our professional agents walk you through the title loan process and are there to answer any questions you may have.
Pros and cons of a truck title loan
The benefits of a truck title loan include:
- Easy Approval. With our quick online application and flexible requirements, you can get approved for the amount you need while avoiding the unnecessary hassles.
- Fast Process. We’ve streamlined our truck title loan process so you can get your money quickly.
- Flexible Terms. When comparing with other loan types, like payday loans, truck title loans provide relatively lower payments and help you avoid high fees like prepayment penalties.
There are a couple of cons you should consider before getting a truck title loan:
- High Interest Rates. While truck title loans do provide lower interest rates than payday loans, these loans should still be taken with caution.
- Long Loan. Keep in mind that truck title loans are usually longer loans, spanning between 24-48 months. This can be seen as a disadvantage for those who want a short-term loan but is also considered an advantage for those who want lower monthly payments. Remember, there are no prepayment penalties so you can pay off your loan anytime!
How much money can I get?
As we’ve mentioned, truck title loans are easy to obtain in many states. The loan amount you will qualify for depends on the value of your truck and your ability to repay the loan.
The value of the vehicle is determined by the year, make, model, mileage driven, and condition of your car. Your ability to repay the loan is determined by varying factors such as your credit history (and not your credit score!) or your proof of steady income.
California truck title loans usually range from $2,510-$20,000. Remember that as long as you make your payments on time your truck title loan will not affect your credit score at all.
Who qualifies for a truck title loan?
Anyone can be approved for a truck title loan based on the value of the truck and the proof of ability to repay the loan. All types of trucks including semi-trucks, pickup trucks, vans, and mini trucks, can qualify for a commercial vehicle title loan.
Even those who don’t have a title can qualify for a title loan, given that the truck is registered under their name and there are no lienholders or additional owners.
Get your truck title loan today!
If you think a truck title loan may be the right option for your financial needs, give us a call today! We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and walk you through the process so you can get the money you need fast!